[3830] FlQP VA7ST SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP VA7ST SOABCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 19:07:18 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   40:   12     0
   20:   43     0
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   55     0  CW Mults = 34  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 7,480

Club:

Comments:

Wasn't on for the past couple of FLQPs, and only got a couple of hours in this
one. Managed to beat my previous low-power outings by a fair margin, though
conditions were as poor as they get between here and Florida. Heavy QSB while I
was on, with a very weak path. Not a peep on 15M or 10M.

Pulled down the boom mic for one requested move to SSB on 20M, but other than
that it was all CW.

Thanks to the mobiles -- great work.

Pace was slowed by stations signing too infrequently. Waiting for a callsign
through four or five Qs made for ponderous S&P action. Seems there were plenty
of spot-chasers, as I was hearing sudden swarms even when no callsign had been
sent for a while.

Not many stations were looking to the northwest, but it sure was noticeable
when they did -- signals were either barely readable (probably aiming at the
northeast) or booming in like nextdoor.

Thanks for the Qs!

-- Bud VA7ST

http://www.orcadxcc.org