[3830] FlQP VE3KZ SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3kz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] FlQP VE3KZ SOABCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 07:05:31 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Milton, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   40:  126     0
   20:  370     0
   15:    7     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  503     0  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 134,804

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I'm reminded of a group of kids playing cars. How many cars and how many moves
to win? Great sport! As usual working CW only had that feel to it. This year I
decided to stay on the air after working all counties. Since it took over 7
hours longer to get to that point, which was at 13:45 this year, there was not
quite the same adrenalin rush that accompanied the 2010 effort. I decided to
try to get close to VE3DZ's Canadian CW record. Yes, that's what I did - got
really close! Nothing quite as frustrating as tuning for 10 minutes at the end
of a contest with no chance of even one more QSO! On SSB there would still have
been a chance.
The mobiles did their usual outstanding job. Here is the list at VE3KZ:
N4TO  53
K1XX  46
K4KG  45
K4OJ  43
N4EEB 42
NX4N  41
N4AO  25
KN4Y  24
K4Q   21
W4WQ  21
AD4ES 9
K4XS  9
K2ZR  9
K2CIB 8
NF4A  2
The fixed stations provided a few QSO's on 15 under very marginal conditions.
Heard one station on 10 but no QSO.
The locals in Halton provided lots of activity. It was not unusual for VE3RZ,
VE3KZ and VA3DF to be calling simultaneously.
Ran 150W from the TS-950SDX into 3el on 20m and a sloping dipole on 40m. The
bigger antennas, 5el on 15m and 5el on 10m were largely on stand-by waiting for
conditions. Maybe next year!
Thanks to the Florida contingent for all those QSO's and sorry for not QSYing
to SSB. Didn't even have the mike connected. Will do so next year!

73 Bob VE3KZ