[3830] NAQP CW VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 12:06:37 -0700

Team: TCG #2

Comments:

SO1R Gear:
* FT-2000 + N1MM Logger
* SteppIR 3-el. at 27'
* 40M SteppIR dipole at 27'
* 80M 2-element wire vertical array
* 160M inverted-L and chainlink fence

SFI of 109 was nice to see, but C-class flaring and soaring A-index at the
start made things very choppy -- QSB on 20M, short-lived spotlight openings to
the southeast on 15M, with just north-south short stuff on 10M.

Had a good time on the high bands (compared to recent years, anyway), but Qs
and mults were scarce on the lower bands.

Fell about 70 Qs short of my best-ever total in 2009, but just 2 Qs short of my
second-best, so that's good. And I got 132 mults -- one more than I've ever
managed before in the August CW test. That adds up to a second-best score
(edging out 2007 by 200 points).

Post-contest, I was blaming my 80M 2-element vertical array for poor
performance on that band, but maybe it was just conditions and participation in
the final hour. Still, only half the 80M Qs and mults I had two years ago.

Thanks to all for getting on during perfectly good summer day.

-- Bud VA7ST
http://www.orcadxcc.org

2011: 479   132  63,228
2010: 347    96  33,312