[3830] WAE SSB PW7T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py8azt@dxbrasil.net
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB PW7T M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:23:14 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: PW7T
Operator(s): PT7AK, PT7CB, PT7CG, PT7WA, PT7YV, PT7ZT, PY8AZT
Station: PW7T

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 35

   80:   65    47   104
   40:  206   206    99
   20:  599   436    92
   15:  936   936    94
   10:    4           8
-------------------------
Total: 1810  1625   397  Total Score = 1,320,422

Club: Fortaleza DX Group

Comments:

Great contest as usual, but the Sun played his tricks all the time. We got
amazing first day and frustrating on second one.

Despite the long operators list: PT7AK (also PY3VK), PT7CB, PT7CG, PT7WA,
PT7YV, PT7ZT, PY8AZT, 90% of the QSOs/QTCs were made by Moreira, PT7ZT and Mr.
Luke, PT7WA. Others were working on the new 40m system project.

This time, ours plan was increase by 10% the last year score. On the previous
week we got started the new 40m system project. The friend Fabiano, PY3VK (also
PT7AK) came for south Brazil to help us on the project and take part of PW7T
Team.

We had no idea the amount of work this project would take! Despite all effort,
we could not use the 40m and 80m antennas on the WAE SSB.

So, for the contest, we had to use a forgiven 80m loop antenna hanged up on the
15m tower for bands 80 and 40m. Due the needing of mismatch, we couldnâ??t use
HP on low bands.

Without antennas for low bands, we played around on 20/15m, mostly with the
Running Station and seldom weâ??ve got someone on the Multiplier station.

Our strong thanks for Moreira, PT7ZT and Mr. Luke, PT7WA than keep the PW7T
running, while all the others Ops were working on 40m antennas.

Setup:
80m: 80m Loop
40m: 80m Loop with external tuner
20m: 5 elements yagi @ 35m
15m: 5 elements yagi @ 24m
10m: 7 elements yagi @ 15m

Running and Hunter:
IC756Pro3 + Alpha 91b and IC756Pro3 + Alpha 99

Terrible low band conditions on second night. We could listen only the very big
guns (dupes anyway) and PYs calling CQ without takers.

Day 1: QSO+QTC = 2296
Day 2: QSO+QTC = 1031

After all, we all had a good time. Learning by try and error method, always in
a friendly environment. The result was much more expressive then we expect
without antennas and few operators on the station.

We hope get ready for CQWW. Thanks for all of you listened for us and gave the
opportunity of one more QSO.

Finally, the antennas were up and running after contest, just in time for next
contest...

For photos and statistics, visite http://www.pw7t.net