[3830] BARTG 75 VA7ST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG 75 VA7ST Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 15:42:41 -0700
                    BARTG Sprint 75 - September

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 2

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:  37
   15:  24
   10:   2
------------
Total:  63  Mults = 18  Continents = 2  Total Score = 2,268

Club:

Comments:

Had a grand time for the two hours I was on -- first and last hours of the
window.

15M was open to Europe, but on a pronounced skew out of the east, skirting the
AU=8 auroral zone, offering HB9, F, and a couple of DLs. Very happy to have
added Europe on 15M, but didn't work any on 20M.

Through trial and error on Saturday evening, I discovered that my USB-to-serial
cables work perfectly well at 75 baud using N1MM/MMTTY -- just selected the
correct COM port, and it worked fine without EXTFSK. However, the same
converter cables don't work at 45.45 baud without EXTFSK running. Go figure.
Quite happy to learn that, and relieved to know I can get on for these
super-fun BARTG 75 tests without cracking open the computer to put in the old
serial port card.

Thanks for the Qs. Hope everyone had fun, even though 20M was lousy. Who'd have
thunk that flux of 145 -- double the usual flux of 70 we have endured for too
many years -- would not improve conditions?

Now on to CQWW RTTY. Can't wait.