[3830] SS CW W4PK SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4PK@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] SS CW W4PK SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 09:02:17 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:   98
   40:  248
   20:  125
   15:   65
   10:   71
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to all who put up with this CW-challenged operator!  I am comfortable up
to about 25 wpm but anything above that I started having problems with 7's, 8's
or 9's.  Also if the operator sent the precedence without a space following the
serial number I was likely to type a '6' when it was a 'B'.

I spent until late Sunday afteroon just S&Ping.  I tried to work some of the
super-fast stations but I had to ask for too many repeats.   I felt like I was
slowing their rate down so I soon gave up on that idea.

I did get brave enough to try running late Sunday afternoon.  I ran at 24 WPM
and to my surprise I didn't have much of a problem at all.  Most stations
answered me at my speed but I was successful even with those who had answered
at up to about 30 WPM.  I had my best rates the last couple of hours of this
contest.  This included a temporary QSY to 160M to work TU2T for a new band
country.

This year I did manage to work all 80 sections, a first for me.

I came across a gentleman who was running stations at a brisk pace and he gave
me a check of 39, the year that I was born!  I checked QRZ.COM and it turns out
that he is 90 years young!

73, Sam W4PK