[3830] NAQP CW W1VE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gerry@w1ve.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W1VE Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 07:05:17 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W1VE
Operator(s): W1VE
Station: W1VE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   35    21
   20:   50    22
   15:   41    18
   10:    8     5
-------------------
Total:  134    66  Total Score = 9,112

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I was working around the house getting ready to go over to K1IR's and watch the
Pats game later in the day, but thought I'd get on and give out a few QSOs.
I was using my 756 Pro to wires with N1MM.

A Dit Matters...

I'm amazed at the number of experienced CW ops in this contest who did copy
my call sign correctly, and who relied too heavily on the "friends" file to get
an exchange.

Both Dennis, W1UE, and myself, Gerry, W1VE were on for this contest.  Probably
25 people (!) had my call as W1UE, even though I was loud to them (sigs > S9)
and I sent my call sign from N1MM (And I even checked with a 2nd RX to make
sure my CW was not clipping or something).   When I corrected them on the call
sign, it took them a long time to correct my name/state, etc.

Have we forgotten our CW Skills??

73,

Gerry, W1VE