[3830] CQ160 CW N7AT Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N7AT Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 09:51:33 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N7AT
Operator(s): K8IA KC7V
Station: N7AT

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1058  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 30  Total Score = 254,807

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Tough going for working DX this year. Overall, using the same station and the
same two ops, we were down about 230 q's and 24 mults from 2011, and down 114
q's and 30 mults from our best scoring year 2010. That's a 200K point
difference!

There never was a significant EU opening here on either night, with only 7 EU's
this year compared with 70 in 2010. On the AS side of things, only 43 Asians
this year and 70 last year.

On the plus side of things, this contested provided a great opportunity yo
continue our SO2V training, with over 35% of our QSO's attributable to the
second rx! Hey, what else is there to do when nearly everyone with an audible
signal is CQing! ;-)

In addition, (big thanks to fellow Arizona Outlaw Gary N7IR for his help), I
erected a Double Half Delta Loop receive antenna (Eu:30 degrees)just a few days
before the contest and it performed very well. In that direction, it gave me
another level of workable NE signals over my K9AY. In that resepct, too bad
conditions were not that great. Anyone with about 70' of room should try one of
these antennas. They are very inexpensive, easy to erect and do the job.

Tnx to Andy N2NT for taking on the management of this contest and thanks to all
the other Arizona Outlaws and partctipants who made this fun.

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club