[3830] BARTG Sprint VA7ST SO Expert HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint VA7ST SO Expert HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 20:52:08 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:   37
   40:   83
   20:  157
   15:   56
   10:
-----------------
Total:  333  333  Mults = 43  Total Score = 85,914

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

And so we begin the descent into solar min. Flux fell from 140 to 110 in the
first few hours of the contest. Didn't make a single Q on 10M.

ZS1JY called in on 15M just before noon local for continent #5.

20M never opened to Europe. Managed to get one EU on 20M (UA4) just before
0100z and that was all -- he called me with a 20-over signal when there wasn't
anything else on the band. Horrible when EU is continent #6.

The only great part of the contest was Saturday night around 11 p.m. 0700z,
when Europe opened on 40M for about half an hour. After missing all those EU
mults during the day, I managed to add eight countries during that brief
opening. Last year on 40M I had 4 countries, vs. 13 this year thanks to the big
ol' quad in the forest.

 Band    QSOs    Pts     DX  Sec  Con
   3.5      37      37    1    2    1
     7      83      83   13    3    1
    14     157     157    4   11    1
    21      56      56    5    4    3
 Total     333     333   23   20    6
Score: 85,914

Year  QSOs Mult   Score  Continents
-----------------------------------
2012  333   43    85,914  6 HP 8 hrs
2011  385   48   110,880  6 HP 9.5 hrs
2010  364   49   107,016  6 HP
2009  205   38    46,740  6 HP
2008  201   34    41,004  6 HP
2007  299   58   104,052  6 HP
2006  288   55    77,760  6 LP
2005  290   43    62,350  5 LP
2003  113   28    15,820  5 LP

Not even close to my best, but I skipped lots of hours during the day, so I
can't complain too much.

Thanks for the Qs. Will watch for lots of action in the British Columbia QSO
Party next Saturday. I'll be down in the CW section where contacts are worth 4
points apiece.

http://orcadxcc.org/bcqp_rules.html

-- Bud VA7ST