[3830] WPX SSB KR1ST SOSB10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KR1ST SOSB10 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 19:23:30 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SOSB10 LP
QTH: S. Abington Twp., PA
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:
   20:    0
   15:    0
   10:  139
------------

Club: Murgas Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Ant: 50ft doublet @ 35ft
Rig: IC-756ProIII
Pwr: 100 Watts

I only worked a few hours on 10m with a temporary setup. Best DX (not
necessarily in distance), Senegal, Namibia and South Cook Islands. The
Falklands came in very strong, but alas no contest stations. It always seems
that there was a strong opening to South America whenever I turned on the rig
to work the contest a little. Of course a 50ft doublet has 4 lobes with gain on
ten meters, but none of them were aimed at EU. So I'm not sure if there wasn't
any decent opening to EU or if I was just not hearing them. Worked only a
handful of stations in Southern Europe, and just a few US stations.

73,
--Alex KR1ST