[3830] CQWW SSB VE1ZA SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nes31@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE1ZA SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 17:34:30 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE1ZA
Operator(s): VE1ZA
Station: VE1ZA

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Halifax
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    6     1        2
   80:   52     9       18
   40:  107    15       48
   20:  246    22       74
   15:  295    27       78
   10:  338    23       72
------------------------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Running 100W from output of transceiver.  Interesting contest. I
originally contemplated a QRP effort, but that quickly changed to low
power.  My score was not better than last year, but I reached 1m
points/1000 Q's in 18.5 hrs, vs a 26 hour operation last year.  My Q
rate went up from 49 to 56 Q per hour on average and my operation was
99% S&P.  I am very happy with that since I improved my operating
techniques. Running an FT-1000MkV, triband yagi @ 15m and wires for
80/40m and an INV-L for 160.  Using a pennant antenna for recieve,
even on 15m--it was really needed.  The low band condx were not as
good last year--lots of noise.  However, the KH2/AH0 stations were
plentiful, which was great!.  Had lots of fun as usual.  Thanks to all
participants and the contest committee--Tony   VE1ZA.