[3830] CQWW CW EL2A M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc7vmike@q.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW EL2A M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 07:15:02 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: EL2A
Operator(s): A65BD, AA7A, EL2DT, G3SXW, G4IRN, N7CW, KC7V, KY7M
Station: EL2A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Liberia
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   410    17       58
   80:  1314    26       93
   40:  2276    34      112
   20:  2538    37      141
   15:  2882    38      147
   10:  3289    38      144
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

All the VooDoo Contest Group ops have returned safely home. The return
trip home is usually the hardest part of this adventure. For the four US
operators, it was another long, arduous trek this time with some unusually
heavy baggage.

We had mixed feelings about this year's operation. Yes, it was quite
successful with some memorable pileups and many stories. 10 meters was awesome
with JA Long Path openings both nights. But, on a somewhat sad note, it may be
the last of its kind. After 19 years of wandering around in West Africa, the
famed VooDoo Contest Group's hardware has been disassembled, parted out and
distributed among returning operators, local EL operators and club stations or
pounded into raw metal for potential use as things such as cooking pots.

The VooDoo Contest Group spirit survives and we may mount another operation
next year from somewhere, but it will not be in West Africa in proximity to EL
and the tired pile of VooDoo hardware.

Representing the 2012 team, we thank you all for the QSOs and moral support
during this year's operation.

73,
Ned
AA7A, EL2ES, EL2A-op