[3830] 10RTTY K2PS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, psk2ps@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 10RTTY K2PS Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 10:59:13 -0800
                    Ten-Meter RTTY Contest

Call: K2PS
Operator(s): K2PS
Station: K2PS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DC
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 134  State/Prov = 21  Countries = 23  Total Score = 5,896

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First time in this contest.  I was thinking it was right down my alley: Low
Power, 10 meters only, DC a mult - all perfect for my SB10 LP station in
Northwest Washington, DC.  The reality was a bit different of course, with
truly low-sunspot type propagation.  But a contest is a contest, after all, and
I did the best I could.

I note, from reviewing the scores reported so far, and since most propagation
was coast to coast, the Westerners surely had an advantage from population and
number of states in the east. We Easterners had a meager EU opening, with
likely only the stations with big aluminum getting heard here, and not enough
CA/WA/OR/AZ to make a difference.  The South American/Caribbean stations, whose
skip got them to both coasts, led the way, and I have pity for our Midwest
black-hole guys.

Hopefully the flux will rise for next weekend!

73, Pete, K2PS/3 in DC