[3830] NAQP CW W1TJL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W1TJL Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 13:40:30 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W1TJL
Operator(s): W1TJL
Station: W1TJL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Connecticut
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   10     9
   80:   83    30
   40:   47    25
   20:  227    45
   15:  133    28
   10:   45    13
-------------------
Total:  545   154  Total Score = 83,930

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Where to begin!

2 weeks ago I was using my Force C-40 on 10 through 40 and getting great
results.  Last weekend K1EBY was doing the NAQP CW contest from here and while
testing things Friday evening before the contest we found the 40 Meter beam was
not working.  Not off a little bit but more like no coax connected to it!  So
Saturday morning I lowered the tower and got to the last connection I can reach
(and nada.  Still no connection!  Oh well, no time to do anything else so we
tuned the dipole and that was 40 meters.

No time (or daylight) during the week so Saturday morning I had the idea that
maybe (cross everything I could cross) the problem was at the last coax
connection.  Cut off the old connector and soldered on a new one.   Still no 40
meters!  Damnâ?¦

So went into the SSB portion of the contest with the Force on 20 through 10, a
tuned 80 / 160 fan dipole on 40 and the 80 and 160 dipoles on 80 and 160.  Did
I mention that the 160 meter full height vertical also quit just at the
beginning of the weekend?  Iceâ?¦

Onto the contest.  10 was good for a while, 15 and 20 pretty darn good!  80
meters was very good.  Had a nice run going for a while.  I even made 10
contacts on 160 (didnâ??t spend a lot of time there as 80 was so good) but 9 of
them were multsâ?¦  So the short time I spent on 160 was quite worth it.

All in all, 545 contacts and 150 mults, total of 83,930 points.  Better than
last year so I guess that is a plus.  First NAQP from the new house.

Had a great time as I always do and looking forward to the next one (after I
fix the 40 meter beam)!!

73, Tom W1TJL