[3830] CQ WW RTTY LB8IB(@LN8W) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, djekhall@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY LB8IB(@LN8W) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 18:40:40 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: LB8IB
Operator(s): LB8IB
Station: LN8W

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Rakkestad
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

   80:  334       19      48    12
   40:  797       48      71    21
   20:  807       53      72    25
   15:  976       54      76    31
   10:  200       39      54    28
------------------------------------
Total: 3114      213     321   117  Total Score = 5,084,310

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

This was so much fun and my best RTTY contest ever!

Last time i worked this one was in 2011 with the call LM9L40Y
I remember the propagation was very good with the solar flux reaching 190
My claimed score in 2011 was 4023244 and I had not much hope of beating that
score this year but I was so wrong :-)

I only had a short nap of 45 minutes after 26 hours and I was almost 47 hours
in the chair. After my litle nap I had some problems to recover. I got back to
the chair and started with some S&P. I could hear stations and also see
them printed on my screen, but I just didn't know what to do with it!
My memory was all gone and I couldn't work anyone!?
I went outside and walked for about 5 minutes before I returned to the chair.
After a short while my brain slowly started to work again and I was finally
able to make contacts again :-)

The solar flux this year was just a litle above 100, but a very quiet magnetic
field for the whole weekend did help a lot to boost my score.
10 meter was a big surprise with openings both days to Japan and NA.
I did not work any west coast stations on 10, but managed to get 39
states/provinces which is not bad considerng the low flux.

Thank you for all the qso's which will be uploaded to LOTW

This mode is so awesome!!

73 de
Olaf
LB8IB