[3830] CQWW SSB AB1J SOSB(A)/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AB1J SOSB(A)/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:25:45 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB(A)/15 LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  244    19       71
   10:    3
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

I'm not a baseball fan, but I'm happy for my friends and neighbors who are
excited about the Red Sox in the world series. I watch the games to be part of
the community. Pretty much the same goes for phone contesting. I'm glad there
are so many happy folks out there and I wanted to join in, too. It's not my cup
of tea, but it's a big deal and I like to be present and accounted for.

Conditions wre great. Saturday was my good day but I couldn't get anyting going
to the Pacific and Asia. Only worked one each of JA and KH6 the whole weekend.

Early Sunday morning I was wading up to my knees in EU splatter and crap. I
thought I'd been teleported over the pond. What a mess! Had to dial way back on
the RF gain. Solar weather stats were the same on Sunday but condx weren't as
good as Saturday and I had worked all the easy (for me) stuff, so it was a
slower day.

Operating Assisted on SSB is quite different than CW or RTTY since there are no
voice skimmers. I wonder who puts up SSB spots anyway since it helps the
competition. I spotted some USA big gun stations just to stir things up.

I hope the good condx can hold up for another spin of the sun for the CW
contest in November. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hope to see you then.

FT-2000-N1MM-Win8-attic dipole

73,
Kermit (Ken), AB1J