[3830] CQWW SSB VP5DX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NU4Y@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VP5DX M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 13:21:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VP5DX
Operator(s): N4KE AB4UF N4EPD NU4Y
Station: VP5DX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MIDDLE CAICOS
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   42    11       31
   80:  262    21       69
   40:  836    31       98
   20: 1424    38      122
   15: 1438    37      130
   10: 2827    37      126
------------------------------

Club: NORTH FLORIDA DX ASSOCIATION

Comments:

Station had not been used since 2012 CQWW ssb. Had 2 radios dead, 1 amp bad,
rotor not turning, 2 computers in the trash.  Lucky we were on the last of
everything.  We were able to fix the rotor, 2 days of work removing all 98 of
the bearings, and cleaning each one and adding new grease.  Used a laptop we
had brought for 1 station as 2 mother boards bad.
Used a TS-930 (last radio left) for runner station with our backup AL-80.
Used IC-756 with AL-1200 for mult station.
Antennas,
SteppIR @ 60'
A4 triband at 30'
Gap Voyager for 40,80,160
Inverted L for 160 (only 33' vertical)
80 delta loop
10 meter mono band @ 10'
600' + beverages

Have made a list of parts to fix AL-1200 (new band switch etc)
Brought the TS-950 home to fix final unit. ($140 to bring back on
plane) Took everything down and stored for next time.

Spent a lot of time fixing and installing all. Had fun, but score down
due to radio and amp not up to normal.

Great conditions on 10 - 20 meters, very hard to find a spot on 40 to operate,
80 and 160 were rough. We could see lighting in every direction all weekend.