[3830] ARRL 10 VA7ST SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VA7ST SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 07:07:21 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

   CW:  385    69
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  385    69  Total Score = 106,260

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Flux was high enough to make this an outstanding weekend, but nobody told 10M
about it. Punky conditions meant just a handful of EU contacts and mults, and
lousy domestic production. Low-power signals were hard to work through the
local noise, though the high-power stations were loud.

Didn't put in very much time due to the rough conditions, and instead got in a
little Xmas shopping Sunday. I'd rather have run stations than run with the
bulls in the mall. I was up most of Friday night (like ALL night) fixing a
corrupted Win7 machine with limited success, then Saturday night the rotator
control box's meter went on the blink and I spent the wee hours fixing that,
with full success. A weekend for the repair guy in me, I guess.

No great surprises except for landing LY8O on a Hail-Mary (no success expected
but can't hurt to try) attempt to work Europe over the pole at nearly 2130z.
Wasn't until Sunday morning that I worked a few more EUs, but not very many.

No ZLs, and just one VK. And only short bursts of JA activity when I was aiming
their way.

There's always next year -- or maybe 10 years for the next peak.

Happily had a second-best-ever outing, and by far the best from here with low
power.

On to OK DX RTTY, RAC Winter, and The Stew. See you out there.

-- Bud VA7ST

Year over year...
        Qs  Mult      Score
2013   385    69    106,260