[3830] TBDC VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 17:55:36 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 123  Total Score = 775

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Third-best-ever for me in this one, but no complaints. The inverted-L tied into
the elevated radial fields of three 80M verticals seemed to work just fine -- I
was getting out well enough to be heard out east and far into the Pacific, at
least. Antennas here have a tendency to change from year to year, and it has
been interesting to see what a consistent 100w signal will do with the varying
configurations.

Worked JA on Saturday morning during the RAC Winter contest, so I had hoped to
pocket some good cross-Pacific DX in the Stew, but it was not to be. Did put
four Hawaiian stations in the log, which was great. I wasn't up late enough for
any JA opening that might have happened early Sunday. Intended to get back on in
the final hour but slept through the alarm I didn't set -- that cost me any
chance at pushing a new personal best.

Thanks to the lads in Boring for organizing this very fun and interesting
contest. Looking forward to RTTY Round Up.

-- Bud VA7ST

Year      Qs      Pts
---------------------
2013     123      775