[3830] SP DX N8II SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SP DX N8II SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 18:51:03 +0000
                    SP DX Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~11

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    2      0      2
   40:   27      3     11
   20:   41     50     16
   15:   83    106     16
   10:   41     48     15
---------------------------
Total:  193    208     60  Total Score = 72,180

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

There is always an amazing amount of activity for a one country contest in the
SPDX! 10 meters was not open very long and it was the first 100 minutes of the
contest, so those in Poland who maybe chose to run EU on 15 and 20 for a better
rate missed out on some NA QSO's they could not make later. 10 was basically
dead to EU on Sunday thru 15Z. As usual lately, by the time 20 was in good
shape to EU the activity had gone down to 40. 15 was excellent both days and
was surprised to log over 100 15 meter phone QSO's most of which were in run
mode with low power. 15 did open a bit late around 1245Z  (sun rise about 11Z,
a few weak signals heard earlier), but was wide open after that. 40 and 80 were
nearly as poor as they could get with a disturbance during the NA evening. There
were 3   loud SP signals on 80 a SP sunrise, but I missed a booming SN9O while
waiting for the computer to slowly reboot. 40 had recovered slightly, but still
was poor. Many low band QSO's took many repeats of NR/call to complete.

Many thanks for all of the QSO's and excellent operating; the average SP
operator is better than the average USA operator I have to admit. I chose SPDX
over two state QSO parties for that reason and the excellent activity.

73, Jeff