[3830] EA RTTY AB1J SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] EA RTTY AB1J SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 23:56:46 +0000
                    EA RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 12:13

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  179    79
   10:
-------------------
Total:  179    79  Total Score = 24,016

Club:

Comments:

I decided at the last minute to do the EA-RTTY. My wife was out all Saturday
afternoon at a skating exhibition, I was caught up on my chores, we're enjoying
the second peak of Cycle 24, so why not?

Saturday went really well and I ended the day in high spirits, anticipating
more excitement in the morning. Sunday morning I was up like a shot at 6am,
grabbed my coffee, girded my loins, gathered my wits, and waited. And waited.
And waited. For a while it seemed PU2TRX and I were all alone in the Western
hemisphere, two lost souls. Eventually the band perked up slightly but I only
made 24 Qs on Sunday morning. By 1400z I was checking the clock every few
minutes as time dragged on. A watched contest never ends, I guess.

I had more luck calling CQ than I usually do. I hesitate to call them runs,
since the max "run" was six, but I tried a lot and frequently got a
couple or three answers. Over time they added up.

Only one guy refused to work me, believing we had complete QSO before.  Another
initially refused, but I convinced him to have another anyway. This gets my
goat.

Thanks for the Qs.

73,
Ken, AB1J