[3830] MiQP K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 16:27:31 +0000
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   80:
   40:   36     32
   20:    3      0
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   39     32  CW Mults = 24  Ph Mults = 22  Total Score = 5,050

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

It was 2000 when I did my first mobile contest effort in the MiQP with W8RU, and
I had not missed one since. But this year, with Easter on Sunday and my mother's
98th birthday on Friday, the entire family came into town for the weekend. So no
traveling.

As it turned out I did travel, except I headed east after the birthday
celebration on Friday. My daughter in NJ delivered our first grandchild on
Thursday (9 days past expected date), so NJ it was. My task for the first few
days was largely watching their dog at home, so with that I had some time for
MiQP. I only had a dipole at 20 feet, and with local urban noise and daytime
absorption things on 40 were pretty slow for the first six hours. I was just a
bit too close for 20M , though did catch a few people there. Later propagation
picked up on 40 and I was able to make a reasonable number of QSOs.

Good to catch my MRRC friends back in MI, but missed mobile activity other than
a few late afternoon QSOs with K8IR. I hope to be back in 2015 to help the
mobile activity issue.

73  -  Jim   K8MR