[3830] IARU AD8J SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, johngetz24@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU AD8J SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 12:55:42 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: AD8J
Operator(s): AD8J
Station: AD8J

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 11
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:    4
   40:   62     32
   20:   68     81
   15:   67     57
   10:           5
-------------------------------------
Total:  201    175     36      70  Total Score = 96,036

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first contest using my just completed remote station about 20
minutes away.  It was all S&P.  The SteppIR DB-36 antenna plays well. Most
of the time I could break the pile with one or two calls.  Of course there were
times where my low power couldn't beat the hordes calling the really big gun
stations in EU.

The site is very quiet as I never had any QRN type local noise.

I've got a couple of things to work out:

I couldn't send CW with the computer so had to use a paddle.  I think
I need to make up a cable for each end of the link to use the
computer.

I didn't have any mic audio from the headset so I had to use the hand mic.

I don't have frequency info coming back to the computer so I had to
enter band and mode changes by hand.

Other than the above, things went quite well.