[3830] NAQP SSB K9CT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K9CT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 05:42:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   47    24
   80:  161    42
   40:  243    48
   20:  328    44
   15:   60    28
   10:   18    14
-------------------
Total:  857   200  Total Score = 171,400

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC All Shook Up

Comments:

Storms in the area all day made this hard on the ears. I installed a SAL30 for
rx on 80 and 160...made a huge difference from TX antennas. Can't wait to
compare to the winter rx antennas.

Low signal levels on most bands...seemed like conditions were not too good. I
moved as many stations to 10 as I could...with some surprises. Same on 80 and
160 for the west coast stations..but getting them to move early was hard as 20
stayed open the whole time. 15 seemed to close early.

Thanks to the many stations that moved and tried to make it. Most met with
success. It was a lot of fun to make the contacts.

I used AL as there were many new operators on in the SSB test and would have a
tougher time with Craig. So my middle name was used! Easy to hear AL in IL!

I used the N1MM Plus Beta again and enjoyed the new features..especially the
quick way to spot multipliers and make band changes.

73, Craig K9CT