[3830] CQWW CW 8P2K(8P6SH) SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dmsthill@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 8P2K(8P6SH) SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 00:35:16 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P2K

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: 8P
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:    8     3        7
   40:  120    16       61
   20:   84    32       70
   15:   76    23       56
   10:   74    25       62
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Entered this contest with very simple objectives: To work a few new
band-countries (especially those with LoTW) in the hope of finishing up my DX
Challenge and to push the local high-score in this category a bit higher.

As it turned out I managed to work 2 ATNO's (even though one was SSB hi hi) and
fill in some needed band countries. Was especially pleased to work 7O2A on 10m
for an ATNO and then working them again for a bonus band on 15m. Also someone
spotted T6T and I managed to work him on SSB. He was very loud in 8P - 59+ so
propagation was pretty good. I've previously heard him but never worked so it
was great to do so with 100w.

Another highlight was working 8Q7DV who was also extremely strong into the
Caribbean on 20m an hour or so after his sunrise and also working V55V on 20m
after several attempts and a couple hours chasing on 10 and 15m.

Thanks to all the patient operators who suffered my CW all week-end long and
who managed to pull my signal out of the piles.

Congrats to the big scorers. With such great propagation I'm expecting some
records to crumble.

Dean - 8P6SH / 8P2K