[3830] ARRL 10 PJ4DX SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 PJ4DX SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 15:12:11 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: PJ4DX
Operator(s): PJ4DX
Station: PJ4DX

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

   CW:
  SSB: 3712   169
-------------------
Total: 3712   169  Total Score = 1,254,656

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Lots of activity, which was great, but I don't think propagation was as good as
it has been in previous days and weeks. For example, although the big gun
European stations were very strong, many of the ordinary guys were extremely
weak, and Europe faded out early on both days. Very little at all from west
Asia and nothing from central / south Asia, though some of the JAs were loud on
the Sunday evening grey-line.

Was pleased to work all States including HI, AK and DC, but I missed the VO2
who was apparently on, and nothing from VY2 (surprising!), or VY1, VE8 and VY0
(perhaps less surprising). Not much activity from XE, either: only 13 of the
possible 32 mults worked there.

A couple of observations: I don't think I have ever been called by so many US
Dupes before. I did not log many of them, but still had 71 dupes in my
submitted log. Do so many  operators really still log on paper and have so
little idea of who they have previously worked? A couple of stations called me
three times. I don't think I had a single Dupe from VE or EU, though.

I wish rigs did not come with RIT! So many stations call a few hundred hertz
high or low that it is necessary to TX on VFO B and use the main tuning knob on
VFO A to tune people in. At least two callers were so far off my frequency I
thought they were calling someone else up or down the band!

Great fun though and thanks to everyone who called me. See you next year!

Rig: Yaesu FT-2000, Heil HC5 headset, Acom 1500 amp at 1kW to Spiderbeam
(4-elements on 10m) at 10m (32ft) high.

73 Steve, PJ4DX