[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 14:14:36 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Apr 1

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:   4      4
   40:  35     32
   20:  19     12
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  58     48  Total Score = 2,784

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

I was in a 'race' with Joe, AB5OR, my neighbor across town....but he's just too
doggone good an operator.  Shucks!  That bad boy beat me by a truckload (63/53
3,339).  What do y'all think I should do about this situation???  Ha!
Of course, Joe has a very good antenna system, plus a new K3 that he built and
has that thing souped up beyond description.  Oh, well....it's tough down here
on Tobacco Road!

How fun it is to hear all my friends again!  I've been rather inactive lately,
and  you folks absolutely WOULD NOT BELIEVE what came off the bottom choke on
my Windom!  I have a photo that I'm glad to share. I've never seen a PL259
before that looked like it had been in a forest fire...and the coax going up
from the choke to the balun looked like it was bronze!  Culprit was...when I
installed the Windom, the choke came from the factory UPSIDE DOWN, so the
condensation weep hole was pointing UP!  That thing was gathering water like a
rain gauge.  No wonder!  It's a plumb miracle that I have any radio left at
all!

Anyway, thanks for the Qs.  And, I'm so sorry to the two stations whose calls I
could not pull out of the mud here this morning.  Please give me another
chance.

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of my brother, Elvis Presley!)