[3830] WPX SSB ES7GM SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ES7GM SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 20:08:41 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ES7GM
Operator(s): ES7GM
Station: ES7GM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: KO28TI
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

So as the era of M/M operations from Estonia is over, it was time to move back
to my sweet little home shack. Over the years I have managed to build more or
less fully automated SO2R station with small Yagi antennas on 3 higher bands
and simple inverted V antennas on lower bands (next step is to expand to my
neighbors property, HI).

I had to take a break on 3rd hour as the W2IHY equalizer completely stopped
working. It took some time to open the cover and get it back to life. The time
loss didn't really affect the score, because this time the conditions were
quite bad. Wire antennas and LP on lower bands is a real challenge. This time
southern EU lived their own life. It was jaw dropping to see OM2VL score.
Anyhow 1st night I heard many strong NA stations CQ-ing in my face on 40. Same
result on 80m. Only low band highlight was JR4OZR on 40 meters, who was able to
hear me on ~25th try. Saturday itself wasn't that bad and I even had some
moments where I found a quiet frequency and had a little pile-up. Sunday was
pretty much awful except late evening opening on 10 meters, where I was able to
work plenty SA on 1st try. So briefly with better conditions there is room for
score improvement but LP overall is quite tricky.

Maybe it is me but behaving on the bands have gone worse each year. One thing
of course is to be a LP station, but some European M/S;M/2 (not gonna name
them) just basically came so close to my frequency and one of those guys told
me to get lost. Then I remember clearly one UA guy using some not so good words
in Russian. And the frequency 7195 and 3795? What the hell was going on there in
the evening?

See you in CW part!
73!
ES7GM, Kris.