[3830] VaQP K0BAK/M SOAB/PhMobile HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0bak@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] VaQP K0BAK/M SOAB/PhMobile HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 12:52:59 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: K0BAK/M
Operator(s): K0BAK
Station: K0BAK/M

Class: SOAB/PhMobile HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   0     139      0  Mults = 62  Total Score = 10,986

Club: Pottstown ARC

Comments:

Score calc:
 132 QSOs by phone with fixed
   7 QSOs with mobile
 153 points
  62 mults (59 natural, 3 for 10+ QSOs from a county)
 500 K4NVA bonus
1000 100x10 county activations
(((132x1) + (7x3)) * 62) + 500 + 1000 = 10986

It was a tale of two contests. Saturday was a lot of fun with lots of
contacts right up to 8pm or so when it started to dry up. Went down to
RIC to start on Sunday morning, but the contest was dead, only getting
one or two contacts in each county. My signal was getting out because
I got QSOs with CT, MA, ON ... but only one in VA! Gave up after
calling for a half hour from KGE around noon without response and
headed home to PA. Thank you to the organizers, I had a fun time on
Saturday ... but if I come next year, it'll be a one-day contest for me.