[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:15:54 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Apr 17

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0      0
   80:   8      8
   40:  16     14
   20:  20     16
   15:  10      9
   10:
-------------------
Total:  54     47  Total Score = 2,538

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

IC756Pro, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  Incredible night for me.  May be
my best score ever.  Or maybe just best SO1R score.  Got home from theatre
about 28 minutes before start time.  The ATU in the Icom won't compensate for
the relatively high in the band resonance point of my antennas on 80 and 15M.
So, I ran the 80M anenna through an antenna tuner making the radio see a good
SWR and put out 100W instead of about 50 without the tuner.  Tried 15M, which
seemed dead except that W1AW was quite loud.  SWR was 3.5 to one and didn't
have time to wire up the antenna tuner for more than one band.  Got on to
"make some noise" on the band in hope of encouraging others to start
on that band and it seemed that I was hearing almost all of the US with fair
signals and some were actually hearing me.  Worked PA and ON to CA and WA, plus
closer in stations in OH and IN.  20M was just picking up activity when I got
there and it as pretty good all over.  Even heard WB4OMM in FL with a good
signal, but no QSO with Steve on 20, but did QSO him on 40 and 80.  Thanks,
Steve.  Unusual for me to have 20M be the most productive band, but it was the
case this week.  40M was also good all over the US with no noticeable skip
zone.  80M was a bit noisy and K0EU couldn't hear me calling him.  Heard no far
west stations. Best "DX" on 80 were K0AD and W1FJ.  Thanks for all
QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.