[3830] SS SSB AL9A SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@mtaonline.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB AL9A SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 03:44:24 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 7:49

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   13
   20:  146
   15:  277
   10:   24
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

SWEEP YES!! Started the day needing DE, NE, SFL, ONN and SK. After a few hours
had SFL, ONN and SK in the bag. Started to despair about DE and NE. Finally
during a run on 15M was called by N5SEZ running class Q for NE. Glad he found
me as I likely wouldn't have found him running QRP!

After more CQs I finally asked "Any DE, any DE?", but just silence.
After about 10 minutes more work I was called by AA1K who said, "You still
need DE?". My heart started beating faster as I answered in the
affirmative. So he gave me his report which was #1 from DE! Apparently some
kind soul heard my plea for a DE station and contacted AA1K who was kind enough
to come on frequency and give me the final one for the Sweep!  Awesome.

I also appreciated the many stations who came on and expressed surprise, shock
and sorrow at the passing of KL7RA last Friday. I'm sure Rich was watching the
proceedings and was impressed by his wide circle of friends expressing their
thoughts.  He will definitely be missed.