[3830] NAQP CW VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 06:34:01 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:   11     6
   80:   64    27
   40:  117    41
   20:  207    46
   15:  150    41
   10:  108    27
-------------------
Total:  657   188  Total Score = 123,516

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Nine hours of CW bliss. Even 80M was a hoot in the final 15 minutes. Added SK
and SD in the last five minutes in back-to-back Todd finds. Gotta love ending
with SK, SD and ID as three new mults within the contest's last four minutes.

Just squeaked past my 2010 score and if my prediction is correct, next year I
will end up with about 117K (my 2009 score) as the cycle wanes.

The only bands that performed better than last year were 80M and 160M, which is
also true to form. High bands were noticeably slower for rate and offered fewer
mults than last year. I suspect participation may have been down by a few dozen
ops this year, accounting for the lower QSO totals on 40M through 10M.

Managed to do the entire contest typing with a good right hand but just one
working finger and thumb on the left (the outside three fingers are rather
paralyzed at the moment due to a snow-shoveling-related nerve injury on Xmas
day). Figured I'd give it a whirl anyway and it worked out okay. But I miss
being able to type 60WPM.

Had a very good time all day. Thanks to all for the contacts and to NCJ for
sponsoring.

-- Bud VA7ST

Year  Qs   Mults  Score  January NAQP CW
========================
2016: 657  188   123,516
2015: 891  207   184,437
2014: 929  216   200,664