[3830] ARRLDX SSB OT6M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB OT6M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 22:20:51 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): ON9CC PA3FGA PA5MW PC5A PD5AX PE2HD
Station: OT6M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JO20ws
Operating Time (hrs): 35:15

  160:   33    14
   80:  129    29
   40:  359    48
   20:  286    49
   15:  243    49
   10:  198    41
-------------------
Total: 1248   230  Total Score = 861,120

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Our goal was to break our 2014 PI4TUE record of 3218 QSO's. Unfortunately due to
strange conditions we didn't even come close. We did realy bad on 20m and 15m.
CQ-ing would remain unanswered for long periods at times and then we'd also
wouldn't hear a lot of W/VE's CQ-ing. Also very little stations are being
spotted which makes it a necessity to turn the VFO yourself but slows down the
rate. Thanks to K3LR who spotted us once in a while, which then resulted in a
marginal 2-handful of QSO's 'pile-up' after which our CQ's would remain
unanswered again.

We have now enabled the 'Spot all S&P contacts' in N1MM. If you're going
for th gold that might not be in your advantage but contesting is only fun if
you can work stations ... and if stations can work you.

10m didn't open on Saturday so we lost a lot of QSO's there. On Sunday evening
we then did work quite some stations on 10m and we also had a good run on 20m.

But we had a lot of fun (our main driver!) and it was the first time since the
PI4TUE closure that we had 6 teammembers together which felt good :)
Thanks to Aurelio for another baking exercise (at which he is getting really
good!). He always suprises us with a new type of cake which we enjoyed.

Some stats:
- 6-banders: 14
(K3LR,K6ND,N1UR,N2GZ,N3RS,NC1I,VE3EJ,VY2TT,VY2ZM,W1UE,W3LPL,W4RM,WE3C,WK1Q)
- 5-banders: 21
- no clean sweep

The setup:
- Shack: IC-7800 & Orion, Acom 2000A, N1MM
- TX-antennas: SteppIR, OB11-3, HF2V, full size dipoles for 40m, 80m, 160m
- RX-antenna: K9AY only

Next stop: RDX ...
73, Frank ON9CC / OT6M