[3830] IARU Z60A Headquarters HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU Z60A Headquarters HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:11:46 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: Z60A
Operator(s): OG2M OH2BH OH2TA OH6KZP OZ1IKY PB2T S56A Z61AS Z61DX Z61FF Z61VB
Z62FB Z63DBB Z63ESC Z63ESD
Station: Z60A

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH: Prishtina
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:     0      0     0        0
   80:   271    220    15       34
   40:   628    249    24       38
   20:  1030   1034    40       45
   15:   791    975    30       38
   10:   547    330    15       33
-------------------------------------
Total:  3267   2808   124      188  Total Score = 4,612,920

Club:

Comments:

This was the very first IARU contest for Kosovo's national radio amateur
association "Shoqata e Radioamatorëve të Kosovës" (SHRAK) as an
IARU member society. The occasion called for celebration, and so local amateurs
teamed up with an international group to generate an exciting first HQ station
operation.

Three station sites in and around the capital Prishtina were used, including
the University of Prishtina's Electrical Engineering Faculty club station
Z64EEF, close to the heart of the city. We managed to keep 3-5 stations on the
air at all times, with one site also extending its single tribander to several
high bands simultaneously through triplexer technology.

Band conditions were poorer than hoped for, thus partially turning the contest
into a European QSO Party. We enjoyed high rates nonetheless, and 10m and 15m
provided nice ES openings. General activity levels also seemed pretty high,
which is encouraging when faced with an approaching solar minimum.

On behalf of the non-Kosovar members of the team, I'd like to thank our Z6
hosts for all of their tireless efforts in making the Z60A HQ operation a
success, and particularly for their warm hospitality. On a personal note, I'm
very happy to have made so many new friends in a fascinating culture on my very
first visit.

Also, thanks to all for the QSOs and for warmly welcoming a new IARU society to
the international contesting scene! SHRAK will be back.

Kim OH6KZP