[3830] BARTG Sprint AB1J Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint AB1J Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 14:59:55 +0000
BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 7:45

------------
   80:   20
   40:   21
   20:   50
   15:   14
   10:
------------
Total:  105  Mults = 35  Continents = 4  Total Score = 14,700

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Another BARTG Sprint came and went sans 599 and the world didn't end. The sky
didn't fall. The sun came up the next morning. I ate breakfast.

Think of all the milliseconds we saved in this contest:

     "The more you send, the more you save!"

I participated to exercise myself and my station and run some tests to get
ready for the upcoming CQ-WPX-RTTY.

I spent a lot of time SWLing as I fiddled around with obscure MMTTY parameters,
like LMS and ATC, but didn't find any that were useful. I turned off the dual
peak filter on my narrow bandwidth profile as I'm not convinced it helps. It's
always off on the wide profile which is designed to handle distorted signals.

The narrow profile BPF is about 300 Hz. I set the wide profile to about 500 Hz
so it will always be limited by the receiver passband which I vary 300-400 Hz,
depending.

I also tightened up the TX BPF taps from 48 to 96 which required a slight
downward adjustment on the audio drive, which is what I'd expect.

The MMTTY graphs are useful when assessing these adjustments.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM+  MMTTY(skinny)  MMTTY(fat)  2Tone