[3830] NAQP CW K3UA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3UA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 00:52:09 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K3UA
Operator(s): K3UA
Station: K3UA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WPA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   69    24
   80:  259    46
   40:  239    49
   20:  171    42
   15:   71    19
   10:   25    11
-------------------
Total:  834   191  Total Score = 159,294

Club: North Coast Contesters

Team: NCC/MRRC Team 1

Comments:

What a fun ten hours of CW contest - and the time just flies when operating the
NAQP.

Someday I need to improve the station and perhaps do some SO2R at some point.
But even with just one radio and one all band 80M dipole the contest is lots of
great fun.

So about an hour before the contest I through up an additional 66 feet of wire
only about 8 feet off the ground.  This way when I switched to work 160 I just
went outside and alligator clipped the additional length onto the end of my 80
dipole.  Worked slick as can be but then after leaving 160 I had to go back
outside and unclip the wire from the dipole to hit 80M and 40M again.

Station as follows:  K3 with Ten Tec 238 tuner and all band 80M inv with center
up about 25 feet at the center

Used Wintest for logging but had to use an old CMOS Super Keyer II for
exchanges etc.  No direct connection between WT and the K3 so had to log the WT
entries separately.

Thanks again to all for the Qs and the chance to say hello to old friends.

73,

Phil K3UA

Thanks to all for