[3830] NAQP SSB WX3B M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB WX3B M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 06:14:47 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B N8IVN K3AJ WA3AER
Station: WX3B

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   38    17
   80:  270    35
   40:  668    54
   20:  451    39
   15:    6     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1433   149  Total Score = 213,517

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Gone are the days when we could run stations on 10 & 15 meters.  At the
beginning of the contest I heard N8II and K4WI trying to run on 10, I spotted
both several times, and declared 10 meters DOA.

15 wasn't much better.

The good news is that 20, 40 & 80 were fun!!  This contest was operated 3+
hours by Dennis N8IVN, FULL time by Ted WA3AER, and almost full time by Tom
K3AJ.

The team did a great job handling what could be described as noisy SUMMER
conditions!  The static crashes were intense - thundersorms were within miles
of us but never passed directly over us so we were able to stay on the air all
12 hours.

Kudos to all that toughed this one out!

73,

Jim   WX3B