[3830] HiQP K6GHA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6gha@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] HiQP K6GHA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:15:37 +0000
Hawaii QSO Party

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Santa Cruz, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:    6      0      0       5
   40:   12      9      0       7
   20:   18     23      5       9
   15:    9      6      1       5
   10:    1      0      0       1
-----------------------------------
Total:   46     38      6      27  Total Score = 6,264

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Time to shake the sand out of my hair, put away the Hilo Hattie’s Hawaiian
Shirt, and slip off the Flip Flops for another year. The HiQP is in the log.
The start was a lot of fun and kept me in the Ohana spirit for the contest. My
first contact was with Alan KH6TU on CW, and my last was with KH6CJJ’s guest
operator (KB7G) on SSB. In between there were a lot of great folks who would be
willing to do what it took to make additions to my log. Special thanks to Kimo
KH7V, Mark WH7W, Sonny AH7U (QRP) and especially Kent KH6CJJ and Brett KB7G for
their good ears and friendly recognition of our many band mode contacts.
Wouldn’t you know, I had one obligation on Sunday, it was for just an hour,
but required me to be away from the radio… right in the middle of the ONLY
10m opening. Sheesh! I had been looking for that all weekend.
The operators in Hawaii always sound like they are having a blast! I am very
tempted someday to make the effort to be on the other end of that pileup and
activate one of the rare counties (HII?). It would be a great vacation and a
fun time to say Aloha and Mahalo from the islands.
One last thank you goes out to Alan KH6TU for his efforts in coordinating this
year’s event. Missed you on 80 SSB and 10m, but really appreciate your
reminders and enthusiasm leading up to, and in, this year’s HiQP. Great job,
FB!!!