[3830] CQ160 CW WQ4RP Multi-Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4xx@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WQ4RP Multi-Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:20:48 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WQ4RP
Operator(s): N4HAY AB4PP AA4XX
Station: WQ4RP

Class: Multi-Op QRP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 21:04

Total:  QSOs = 382  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 11  Total Score = 56,547

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Flex 6300 @5W
Ant: Vertical loop with elevated counterpoise

Dick N4HAY,JP AB4PP, and Paul AA4XX activated the KnightLites Excalibur QRP
contest site for CQWW160CW 2018.

Condx were good both nites, but we opted for a laid back operating style this
year. We shared 5 hour shifts, with a primary goal of having fun.

The Flex 6300 is proving to be FB contest rig, although there definitely is a
learning curve for new ops, as we have Smart SDR, SDR Bridge, CW Skimmer, and
N1MM syncing up with each other, and the inevitable occasional hiccups call for
some interesting learning moments.  Saturday evening the N1MM+ database became
corrupted, but fortunately our log file was OK, so we were able to get N1MM
running with no further problems.

It was interesting to see skimmer spots from JA -- the first time I have ever
seen
spots from JA on Top Band.  It was also nice to have W6 and VE7 answer our CQ,
something that has not occurred to us before while running QRP.

Our team is becoming a bit more seasoned with each contest, and we are looking
fwd to our next contesting adventure together.

Thanks to all the great ops out there.

73,  Paul AA4XX
Trustee for WQ4RP