[3830] CQWW VHF K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 07:55:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s):
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62
Operating Time (hrs): ~10

    6:  114    83
    2:   27    18
-------------------
Total:  141   101  Total Score = 16,968

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

"Punky" weather around Chicago suppressed my desire to wander farther
than the local Grid Corner, so I limited my travels to EN51, EN52, EN61 and
EN62. The CoROVERolla (and antennas) received multiple showers over the
weekend.

It was great to contact several stations on 50 MHz from all 4 of the Grids I
visited and several more from three of the grids I visited.

Even with FT-8 drawing activity away from phone (and CW), the level of activity
on phone seemed a little higher than recent years and propagation on 6 meters
seemed more stable. Nothing spectacular noted on 2 meters but nice to get a few
2 point Qs. I did manage two 'digital mode' QSOs, using that "classic"
digital mode, aka "CW".

Thanks to all who were on and participated and to Contest Director Steve, N8BJQ,
for all of his hard work to manage and support the CQ WW VHF Contest and keep it
going.

73, JK