[3830] NA Sprint RTTY NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 03:04:03 +0000
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - September

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2
Remote Operation

   80:   7       .1
   40:  32      1.4
   20:  12       .5
---------------------
Total:  51     Mults = 20  Total Score = 1,020

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC

Comments:

So, my WA station was going to be used by someone, which is great,
but I first had to solve a problem and get it back online for him. Then,
my 1st attempt at a different remote wasn't working, so I made a 2nd
attempt and it seemed okay, so I started just 30 minutes late. It turned
out there was lots of internet delay, so tuning was almost impossible
and some of you guys don't wait very long for replies. The lag also
seemed to mess up rig control so the logged frequencies often failed
to update.

20m was weak, but I put in 30 minutes, then 40m had more signals but
was noisy.  I stayed on 40m for almost 1.5 hrs, with a few brief, brief
excursions to 80m for a handful of guys who could hear my QRP signal.

When I hit 2 hours it stopped being fun, even at my poorly calibrated
QRP fun meter, so I called it a night. Thanks for the contacts.

NN7SS Burt GA (K6UFO)

20m: 5 element yagi at 140 feet
40m: 3 over 3 stacked yagis at 93/185 feet
80m: High Dipole
Elecraft K3 turned down to 5 watts
K3/0-Mini control head, SignaLink USB
RemoteHamRadio.com, Writelog, MMTTY and 2Tone