[3830] CQWW CW W7WW M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6rw@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W7WW M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 02:51:25 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7WW
Operator(s): W7WW W6RW N7TY K7GA
Station: W7WW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Yuma AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:   41    14       24
   80:  136    26       67
   40:  688    35      118
   20:  723    36      122
   15:  123    23       54
   10:    2     2        2
------------------------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

We would like to give a big thanks to David W7WW for hosting us for this Multi
Single effort. David's station is set up as SO2R so we did one operator at a
time using both a run radio and a multiplier radio in an SO2R configuration.
When we switched from the run radio to the multiplier radio to work a multiplier
we had to enter CTRL-ALT-M to log the contact as a multiplier contact and then
enter CTRL-ALT-M when we switched back to the run radio. It was a little
cumbersome, but it worked out really well. We noticed that the program was
keeping 2 separate 10 minute timers for Run and Mult. Except for the lack of 10
Meters and not very good 15 meter openings, conditions were great on all of the
other bands. We had put up a make-shift inverted L designed by K6LL for 160 that
worked really great. We worked all continents on 160 with the antenna. Good
European openings on 20 meters both mornings made our days happy. CQWW CW has
always been my favorite contest and we had a lot of fun in this one. The W7WW
station played really good and we look forward to do it again if David is
willing to host us for another time Multi Single contest effort. Thanks for all
of the Qs out there de Mike/W6RW GO ARIZONA OUTLAWS!!!!!