[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K5QE Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K5QE Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 02:55:20 +0000
                    ARRL January VHF Contest

Call: K5QE
Operator(s): K5QE N1XS K5MQ N5KDA W5KDA K0YY AF8Z N5YA
Station: K5QE

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 33

    6:  159    99
    2:  155    96
  222:   12     9
  432:   27    16
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  353   220  Total Score = 86,240

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Once aqgain, propagation conditions were absolutely terrible.  We did not make a
singe Es contact on 6M.  We have two completely independent stations on
6M....one for FT8, and one for everything else.  It was quite interesing when
both statons were set to FT8, we often saw calls on one station that were not on
the other one.  We did a lot of MSK144 meteors with the Run station and when
that slowed down, we did some FT8 on the other station.  2M EME was fair on
Saturday, but very poor on Sunday.  No idea of why.  Murphy stepped up to the
plate right away and blew up the 222 tropo station and the 432 EME station.  We
were able to jury rig something on 222 tropo, but the 432 EME was just lost.
This is the first time in a very long time where 6M beat 2M....in QSOs and in
mults.