[3830] ARRLDX SSB OL5Y SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, OL5Y@mastrant.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB OL5Y SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 21:40:57 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: SO Unlimited LP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Assisted One-Transmitter LP
QTH: BKO
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:   2      2
   40:  19     15
   20:  47     20
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  68     37  Total Score = 7,548

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

In comparison to CW part that was horrible. I did not expected much - Low Power
from central Europe on SSB in bottom of sunspot cycle is hard always. But
this... Because I could not went through even to many big guns I gave up and
just played with my antennas for about 3 hours. One thing I want to mention: on
80m some US to stations were calling CQ above 3800 and listening around 3620 kHz
or so. I have (and many other guys I know) my 80 m antennas tuned either to CW
part of 80m band or to Phone part of the band. Or it is switchable. In the
middle of the band, where is nothing for contestant, I have SWR around 1:10 or
even worse on all my antennas... Therefore those who were listening there I can
not try to call at all.
And The last note: miracle antennas of LZ5R. Look here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/joqQ4WWvoFXBxuU67 There are many EU big guns with big
PAs, 4el yagis, phased foursquares, ... And on 3785 is sitting LZ5R, 25dB
stronger than the rest of EU. Isn´t it miracle? And moreover, the signal was in
terrible quality about 10 kHz wide...
I wonder if the contest committee will do anything - there must be many reports
from other stations and SDR recordings...
Thanks to all who digged my signal from the mess!
ANT:
160: Inv. V for 40/80/160m @ 19m (63 ft.)
80: Inv. V for 40/80/160m @ 19m, Delta loop (apex up, corner feed)
40: 2-el Quad @ 25m, 3-el Yagi (AD-3446) @ 25m (82 ft.)
20/15/10: 3-el tribander ECO @ 20m (66 ft.), 3el tribander ECO @ 12m, 4-el Quad
@ 25m, 4-el Yagi (AD-3446) @ 25 m (82 ft.)
Backup: Inv. V for 40/80/160m @ 10m (33 ft.)
RX: SAL 30
RIG: SunSDR MB1 + IC756, microHAM MK2R+, Station masters, Stack masters,
switches...
SW: N1MM+