[3830] NA Sprint SSB VA7ST HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB VA7ST HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 06:43:44 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - March

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:   3
   40:  67
   20:   8
---------------------
Total:  78     Mults = 35  Total Score = 2,730

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Been about a decade since my last SSB sprint, and the rust sure has set in. Took
30 Qs to get into the swing. Still managed 1,400 points better than ever before
in the SSB Sprint.

Got on late so 20M was pretty much done. Reason for late start? Pre-race nap
went over time. And it has been so long since I had the mic wired to the 7610 I
had forgotten how to do it. Realized I had to go through the SO2R box, not
directly to radio. Uhhh... Note to self: make a note to self about that.

40M was good, but not a lot of antennas pointed to the PNW so lots of missed
jump balls.

Didn't bother for long on 75M. The 80M antenna doesn't play well on 75M without
phone-band adjustments that I didn't do, but better get done before next
weekend.

Nice to hear so many familiar calls on phone. Nice warmup for WPX SSB.

Glad to hear stations working other VE7s, though I couldn't hear the BC mult
directly.

-- Bud VA7ST