[3830] WPX SSB LU2DD M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lu7dw@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB LU2DD M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 13:47:12 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: LU2DD
Operator(s): LU1ECO LU2DD LU4DX LU5AB LU7DW LU9DAG LW2DOD
Station: LU2DD

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: 9 de Julio
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    1
   80:   66
   40:  304
   20:  349
   15:  935
   10:  123
------------

Club: LU Contest Group

Comments:

Station Description:
Station 1: Yaesu FT950, HB AMP 1KW
Station 2: Kenwood TS850, HB AMP 500 watts

Antennas:

160 Meter: Inverted Vee
80 Meter: 1/4 wave vertical w/16 radials
40 Meter: rotative dipole @ 30 meter height
20 meter: 3 element Quad @ 20 meter height
15 meter: stacked 3 x 3 elements yagi @ 30/20/10meter height
10 meter: 5 elements quad @ 18 meter height + 3 element quad @ 20 meter height

In despite of bad CNDX, we have a great WPX SSB contest @ LU2DD (LS2D), Daniel
is a wonderful host and one of the most enthusiastic contesters that I´ve ever
meet, he rebuilt all the antennas station after a tornado hit the place a few
years ago (it has been destroyed by tornadoes twice in a space of a few years),
for me, it was a pleasure contesting again with him after 27 years (last time
that I´d operated with Daniel was CQWWSSB 1992).

He has built a solid team of op also (I was a guest op this weekend). Special
mention to Eduardo (nicknamed Tesla), LU1ECO, he was ready to help to
fix any kind of problem during the entire contest, almost without sleep, always
doing something for the station, it was a very busy weekend for him indeed.

Thanks to all for the QSOs ! Many thanks to Daniel LU2DD for the invitation and
the chance to operate the contest with the team.

73, Claudio LU7DW