[3830] CaQP K0EJ/6 SOCntyExp LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0ej@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K0EJ/6 SOCntyExp LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 00:06:46 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2019

Call: K0EJ/6
Operator(s): K0EJ
Station: K0EJ/6

Class: SOCntyExp LP
QTH: TUOL
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:   12
   80:  148
   40:  111      1
   20:  187     35
   15:   20
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  478     36  Mults = 52  Total Score = 78,312

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

another trip to Groveland to visit long-time friends from my submarine days and
a chance to hand out TUOL. Setup was similar to last year - FT857D->80M OCF
with center in tree @~30' - oriented E/W due to location so added a 20M delta
loop favoring E/W for some "diversity"! OCF seemed to win hands down
everywhere. Found local QRN extremely loud on 80/40. Tried to locate source but
no luck. If you made it on 40M, you were LOUD as noise was almost always S8-9.
Apologies to any who called but who I seemed to ignore. Lots of fills needed so
am expecting to take some hits in log-checking. The delta loop actually helped
on 40CW listening as SNR was certainly better. Missing mults different than last
year. Missed IA, ND, DE, WY, WV, and VE4. I got called by K3WA (WV?) Sunday
morning but could not complete QSO and heard ND S&Ping on 20M SSB Sunday
afternoon but never connected. 15M better on Saturday for me with only a few TX
and FL stations making it on Sunday. Briefly heard N6O on 10M weakly but no luck
connecting. Op time approximate. Had a few stretches with BIC but nothing in log
for >15minutes. Score down from last year but still had fun. Even worked a
few local TUOL stations! Apologies to W2VJN who called me during the last
minute. Hit the wrong key on laptop resulting in QSY to bottom of the band.
Scrambled to get close to original freq and sent exchange but then realized that
time was up. George I hope you didn't need TUOL for sweep! Had fun but may have
to try a serious effort from a well-equipped station out there sometime. Thanks
to all who called in.

73,  Mark K0EJ