[3830] ARRL 160 AE0EE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 AE0EE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 15:49:47 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

Total:  QSOs = 343  Sections = 67  Countries = 4  Total Score = 49,771

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

100 W, Dipole at 10 m, keyed entirely on a Vibroplex bug.

I wasn't able to operate Friday night due to other commitments, but was on the
air around sunset on Saturday.  Coming in to the contest exhausted, I wasn't
able to stay up as late as I might have liked.  I heard a bit of European DX
(TM6M and OM2VL)m but wasn't able to work them.  Sunday morning I got up early,
and was able to have another productive run in the pre-dawn hours.  When the run
fizzled out, I picked my way through the band, finding a few JAs and a UA0.  I
wasn't able to get through to any of them initially, but after coming back in a
few minutes, got two JAs and the UA0 in the log---not bad for 100 W and a low
dipole!

While I missed a bunch of sections, I only missed three states: AK, NE, and NV.
I was surprised by the absence of Nebraska in the log.  I missed a lot of
sections in CA, and heard very few west coast stations---perhaps I should have
stayed up later Saturday night, but it makes the morning that much tougher.

Overall conditions seemed to be quite good, with little noise and generally
strong, steady signals.