[3830] ARRLDX CW N4ZR SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4ZR@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4ZR SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 00:18:56 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N4ZR
Operator(s): N4ZR
Station: N4ZR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   76    47
   80:  225    73
   40:  467    84
   20:  821    97
   15:   98    56
   10:    6     6
-------------------
Total: 1693   363  Total Score = 1,843,677

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well that was fun, particularly 160.  I went up there to check about 9 local on
Saturday night, and it sounded like 40 meters.  I don't have an effective
receive antenna, and normally I have to dig with narrow filter and audio peaking
even to know people are there, but everyone from Europe was armchair copy.  It
only lasted an hour or two, and since I was not staying up, that was a godsend.

Otherwise, it seemed like a good outing.  Some line noise on Sunday.  The
10-meter openings were fun, and made for a couple of 6-band connections, with
many on 5 bands as well. 15 was better than I've heard it for a while.  I only
operated 24 hours, with normal sleeping hours and meals.  Civilized, but then
why am I so tired?  Getting old is not for sissies.

Thanks everyone for the QSOs, and even the ones I couldn't hear - BV, BY, DU,
etc.  It was good to see so many BYs on.  C'mon sunspots!!!

The station: K3/KPA-1500.  C-3 at 50 ft., Carolina Windom, Full-wave parasitic
sloper on 40 (thanks to W1LWH). and inverted L for 160.

73, Pete N4ZR