[3830] ARRLDX CW AD5A SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad5a@gvtc.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW AD5A SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 01:27:16 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: AD5A
Operator(s): AD5A
Station: AD5A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 40;09

  160:   36    29
   80:  234    66
   40:  632    86
   20:  678    79
   15:   97    45
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1677   305  Total Score = 1,534,455

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I decided this week to enter the Low Power category. As a long time QRO guy I
had nightmares that I might not make any contacts at all. But alas, I did. I
even improved over last years QRO effort. I recently bought a Flex 6400m just to
see what all the hoopla is about and I found it has an extremely good receiver,
that belies its Sherwood rating. Not only signals, but it manages noise and
static unbelievably. I was able to work the low bands as never before. I took a
K3S out of service in favor of the 6400 for this contest and I don't think I'll
go back.Of course my antennas helped, but in truth I credit the radio for the
improved score. No noise fatigue with this radio.

Low band conditions were exceptional. On the high bands, 15m/10m, some limited
openings to EU from south Texas on 15m, but mainly central and south america. I
didn't hear one JA on 15m. I made exactly 0 QSO's on 10m.

Antennas:

40m: Stacked Moxon's @ 170/100 ft
20, 15, 10 Stacked JK Big Tri's @ 150/125 ft
80m: JK Rotating dipole @190 ft
160: Full size 1/4 wave vertical with 4 elevated radials, RX is SAL 30

All of the above on a 190' rotating tower

I have a second tower @ 107 ft with a JK Mid Tri with a 40m add/on that I
usually aim 90 degress from the main antenna and a C3 Tribander fixed on South
America.

Everything worked great and I'm happy with the effort. Thanks for the QSO's